Ang Koo Kueh Filling Ingredient:
1. 350 g green peas (soaked for 5 hours, drained and skin peeled)
2. 320 g sugar
3. 750 g glutinous rice/pulut (soaked overnight and ground)
4. 2 tbsp cornflour
5. a dash of red colouring
6. cooking oil (for coating)
7. banana leaves
Ang Koo Kueh Method Step By Step:
1. To prepare filling: Steam green peas for 1 hour; mash peas finely. Mix with sugar and dry-fry -in pan over low heat until almost dry.
2. Drain glutinous rice and grind finely. Put rice into a cheese cloth and squeeze out water.
3. Mix the ground rice, cornflour and red colouring. Knead mixture into a dough.
4. Divide the dough into ang koo moulds and place 1 1/2 teaspoonfuls of the filling.
5. Top the filling with some dough. Repeat process till all dough is used up.
6. Steam kuih for 10 minutes. Remove from steamer and brush kuih with a little oil.
7. Transfer to a serving plate. Cool kuih before serving.